Tuesday 11 September 2012

Dear LIB Readers: I need your advice

From a male LIB reader
Hi Linda, I need advice from your blog readers. And no, my story is not made up. It’s for real, actually very real. I am a top executive of a very successful conglomerate my father founded. I resumed the job early this year when I returned from the U.K after completing my MBA.
As a result of my job, I usually find myself frequenting places I ordinarily wouldn’t want to- Ikoyi club, society weddings, conferences, etc. I’m a geek for the most part, and something of a recluse. I’d rather stay in my house at the end of day and watch series of ‘Family Guy’ or ‘Spartacus’, ‘House’ or any of my other favorite series. When I became Deputy CEO of the company, I realized that I had to start hanging out at these places to build a social circle, mostly for business reasons. I am not a very sociable person, but with the help of my more outgoing cousins, I’ve been able to build a pretty decent network of Lagos ‘big boys’ between January when I returned and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment